Yitz Weiss is an employment attorney with over a decade of experience in litigating a variety of employment law cases, including unpaid wage and overtime claims, discrimination, harassment, FEHA, Unequal Pay Act, and wrongful termination claims. Yitz counsels clients on pre-litigation employment disputes and represents them from the inception of a lawsuit all the way through trial and even on appeal. Yitz routinely serves as counsel in mediations, binding arbitrations and in major trials. Yitz has impressive trial skills, which have enabled him to obtain major victories for our clients.
Upon graduating with a Bachelors degree in Economics from Yeshiva University and obtaining a Degree of Rabbinic Ordination, Yitz Weiss then entered Southwestern University School of Law. There he was Associate Editor of the Southwestern Law Review. Yitz graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctorate from Southwestern in 2006, an honor reserved for the top 10% of students.
After receiving his Juris Doctorate and being admitted to the California State Bar in 2006, Yitz began his legal career with Kaplan Lee LLP. Based on his all-around excellent work for his clients and the firm, Yitz became a partner in the firm, and it was later renamed to Kaplan Weiss LLP.
In recognition of his excellent legal work, Yitz has was named a Rising Star by “Super Lawyers” in 2015 and 2016. He also received the Clients’ Choice Award by “Avvo” and in 2018 was named a Client Champion by Martindale-Hubbell.
Yitz is a regular speaker on a variety of legal subjects, including the interplay between civil and religious law in areas of business and the Constitution. He teaches classes in law, ethics, and religion.
- State Bar of California Member Since: 2006
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California Member Since: 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit Member Since: 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California Member Since: 2016
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 2006
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Yeshiva University, 2002
- Rabbinic Ordination, Yeshiva of Greater Miami, 2003
- Associate Editor, Southwestern Law Review
- Graduated J.D. cum laude
- Client Champion, Silver-2018, Martindale-Hubbell
- Rising Stars: 2015-2016, Super Lawyers
- Superb Rating, Avvo
- Clients’ Choice Award, Avvo